An inexpensive way to clean your yellow gold is to purchase a commercial degreaser that will remove any tarnish and bring back its shine. After purchasing the cleaner follow the steps below to clean your jewellery:-
1) Put on some latex gloves and pour a small amount, enough to cover the jewellery, of the degreaser into a plastic container.
2) Place your jewellery into the container
3) Agitate the jewellery. You will see the degreaser become cloudy as dirt begins to come away from the jewellery.
4) Continue to move the jewellery about for 1-2 minutes and then remove from the container.
5) Scrub the jewellery with an old toothbrush to remove any tough dirt.
6) Clean the jewellery off with clean water until all the degreaser has been removed.
If the jewellery is not clean then repeat the process again.
Diamonds require cleaning to ensure that they shine with the brilliance that they first had when you first purchased or received the diamond. Our natural skin oils and body lotions can cause grime on the diamonds which will hinder their shine.
To clean your diamonds you can use a small soft brush, such as an lip stick brush or eyebrow brush with soap and water.
1) Place some warm water with a mild detergent in a bowl and place your diamond jewellery in the bowl.
2) Brush the diamonds with the soft brush whilst they are in the water.
3) Rinse thoroughly with clean water after cleaning them.
4) Pat each piece dry with a lint free cloth.
If your diamonds need a stronger cleaning you can soak them in a bowl with a solution of 50% water and 50% ammonia for about 30 minutes. Once soaked brush them with a small soft brush then place them back in the solution and agitate for a short time before taking them out and patting them dry.